Saturday, December 10, 2005

when i grow up...

i have decided that when i grow up, i want to be a writer.

it's interesting though because as i have begun to work toward this goal, i have faced one obstacle repeatedly... the surprisingly difficult task of telling the truth. i dont mean that i feel compelled to lie-- in fact, the opposite is true. i feel pushed, pulled, torn by an intense desire to spill the truth from the deepest darkest parts of my every hidden self... and yet, I bite my tongue (bitterly).

3 comments:

padoodie said...

That's fantastic, Penny!!! How exhilarating to have a goal like becoming an author and actually be working towards it! And I'm sure motherhood is going to provide alot of raw material for you to pull from. Happy Sunday to you, Dalvin and Jared. :)

pennilish said...

Thanks so much, Merr. Its interesting, I was actually updating my vita with my publications recently and I was thinking about what a completely different kind of writing it is... I hope I can make the transition to something that fulfills my creative impulses!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm so impressed with your writing ability just demonstrated in this blog already....is there a possiblity to have this published? TeeHee..Guess Who? :)