Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Mall Park

While Jared and I were at the mall, I decided to take him to the play area to see how he would fare around other kids. He has never been to daycare and has really only been around other children in the family. For the first 30 minutes he clung to me desperately as bigger kids raced by. Every time I tried to get him to try something, he would clamor back into my arms. Finally as I began to pack up, he spontaneously decided to venture out and check out the scene. Once he felt comfortable, all was well.


"All right, Mom... I am gonna see what this place is all about. Be back in a little bit."

"So what am I supposed to do here? Climb this dragonfly thing?"


"I am okay, Mom. Really. It just took me a few minutes to get my bearings!"


"Okay, that dragonfly was kinda boring... what else do they have going on around here?"





"This bridge/slide thing looks sort of fun..."

"What do you think, Mom? Should I climb it?"

"All right, Mom, I am going for it!"


"Whew climbing this thing is not as easy as it looks!"

"YAY! I made it! Okay, now what?"

"Okay, I'm outta here! That was good enough!"

No comments: