Thursday, June 01, 2006

Our Punk Rock Baby


"Well, today mom and dad thought it would be fun to style my hair in a mohawk. Personally, I am indifferent but my grandparents desperately want me to get a haircut."


"As you can see, Dad is pretty excited. I'm not sure if he is more excited about the mohawk or because 'chicks dig me'." :)

"Here is a side view of my new-do!"

"And here is the other side... I think mom and dad are just trying to hide all the hair that I lost on the sides!"

"Mom and dad are also pretty excited because I started waving 'hi' and 'bye' this week. I have secretly known how to wave for awhile but sometimes I hold out to tease them!"


"I am also trying to run around these days... If mom and dad are not available, I use the furniture to cruise around."

NOTES FROM MOM:

1. Thanks and a big shout out to Auntie TOYA for the "Chicks dig me" shirt. Very very funny.

2. Dalvin has been dying to style Jared's hair in a mohawk-- beware other interesting hairstyles to come!

3. As you can see in a few of the photos, Jared now waves "hi" and "bye". It's pretty funny-- like all kids Jared knows when things make mom and dad happy, and he will sometimes wave for five minutes straight. He is also starting to understand what "uh-oh" means and will say so when he or mom or dad drops something.

4. Jared is desperately trying to walk and it is currently his preferred mode of transportation. If he could stand and/or walk all day long, he would be happy. It is both exciting and terrifying as we spend alot more time preventing injury! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Chick CERTAINLY digs him, ESPECIALLY with the Mohawk!!! This made my day!

Anonymous said...

Now that he's got the wave down I KNOW he can work on throwing up deuces!!