Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Beach Baby

This weekend, Jared and I decided to go on an adventure to Daytona for Auntie Marisa's birthday. Auntie JoJo (Wo-Wo) decided to meet us as well for the festivities. It was Jared's first real trip to the beach and despite being completely exhausted and nap-less, he had a blast on the beach.


"Wow, Mommy... the view from our room is great! The beach looks perfect, let's go, let's go!"

"Haha-- but then again-- this chair is GREAT! Maybe we can stay and wait on the balcony for Auntie Wo-Wo to get here!"
"Um, is Auntie Jo-Jo coming by ship? What's taking her so long?"

"YAY--FINALLY! After sunblock, change of clothes, etc., we are finally at the beach... It is HOT, though-- Let me get a drink of water before I get down to it!"

"Okay, before we start building, I really need to take inventory of all my tools. Shovel, check. Bucket, check. Sifter, check. I think I am ready to proceed."

"Hmm... I think my favorite part is putting the dirt in these buckets. I will do that and YOU build the castles!"


"Hey Mom-- Very busy now, can't talk! Sorry! Castles to build and dirt to dig!"

"Mommy, can you please tell that little girl, to stop putting those pigeon feathers (and cigarette butts and sea shells) in my castles!"

"My castles look great! Except for those ol' feathers... oh no, here comes that little girl again!"


"Uh oh...Mom, I think I have a problem here... I think I am sinking... can you help me?"


"Okay, building sand castles was fun, but I think it's time to check out this ocean thing you keep telling me about..."

"Ahhh... so this is the ocean... it doesn't look so bad..."


"Yea, this is kinda nice... I can handle this! The water feels pretty good... I especially like the squishy feeling between my toes..."



"Okay, but wait... those waves that are comin' at me now are looking a little bigger than what we started with!"


"Um, Mom, those waves keep chasing me! And I feel like this dirt is trying to pull me down!"

"Okay, enough of that! Let's go sit back on the beach for awhile! I have had enough ocean fun!"



"HA! This is GREAT! Relaxing in the sun is MUCH better than being chased by those monster waves."

"Aw mom...Do we HAVE to go back inside already? I wanna stay on the beach longer!"


"Hmm, how many different ways do I have to get wet today, mom? Do I really have to do this before going back into the hotel? Oh wait.... this feels pretty cool..."


"Whew, after a long day at the beach, passing out with mommy in the comfy hotel bed is the best... night, night, everyone!"

3 comments:

PretaMulatta said...

i dont know what is tougher work, building castles or being chased by lil girls!

enchanting, indeed!

miss your lil cheeks, jared!

Julia O Boo said...

Looks like you guys had a nice relaxing time! He is so cute, the expressions on his face are always so intriguing. You can literally see him soaking in the information. Good thing my tubes are tied! I miss the younger years.

Julia O Boo said...

The expressions on his face are always so intriguing! It's like you can see him soaking in the information.