Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Birthday Strike

"Mom and Dad took me to Donovan's 3rd birthday party at the bowling alley this weekend. In the corner, they set up a lane for us kids and Dad tried to teach me the finer points of bowling."

"They rigged the alley up for us kids where I put this ball on a metal thing that helps me aim the ball for the pins. I am not sure who picked this hot pink ball for me, but I will do my best!"


"Hmm, this ball is bigger and heavier than anything I play with at home, Dad. Okay... here goes... I'm gonna give it a shove..."


"Uh-oh... I was aiming for those middle arrows, but it's not looking good! I think it's because of that hot pink ball!"


"Okay, Dad, I can't look, I can't look! Did I get a strike???!"


"Even though I got nowhere close to a strike, my parents celebrated like I bowled a 300! All in all, it was a fun party!"

1 comment:

S. E. Thomas said...

Penny,
I love your blog! What wonderful pictures of Jared! He's such a big kid! Amazing how fast they grow. I especially like the bathtub pictures you put in. They're adorable!

Check out my site: www.thewritejourney.blogspot.com

Susan