Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lil Mr. Firecracker

"Today mom and dad decided to enter me into a baby pageant! I am not sure what all this is about, but apparently it involves getting dressed in the mall with a lot of other little kids!"


"Dad and I walked around the mall for a little bit before the whole thing started. As usual, Dad looks excited and I look serious. I am trying to practice my GQ look."



"Hey Mom-- here we go!!!"

"Here we are standing in front of the 3 lady judges. I am way more interested in playing with those white chains, but mom says I have to wait until it's all over."


"Aunt JoJo also came to cheer me on! Aunt Marisa came too, but we don't have any pictures together."

"Next we got dressed for sportswear... I played with Dad until it was my turn to go again."
"Here we go again!! Apparently I used up all my giggles with Dad because once again, I look so serious."

Mom Note: Please notice how LONG Jared is getting! I cannot believe how fast he is growing up before my eyes! He isn't even 1 yet!


"Now that I am finished with all this dressing up I can relax... Here I am wearing Aunt JoJos sunglasses... one of my favorite toys!"
"Whew, I am so tired, mommy, can we go home?? The next time we go on one of your excursions, Mom, can you be sure it doesn't overlap with my naptime?"

Mom Note: Yes, I cut my hair off and straightened it for the weekend.


"On my way to sleepyland!"


"Okay, I am home and well-rested from my nap, so I thought I would check out these trophies... apparently I won Most Photogenic and placed 2nd runner up for Lil Mr. Firecracker. Dad said he always thought my first trophies would be for football or basketball, but he is proud of me anyway."


Mom Disclaimer: Yes, today we entered Jared into a baby pageant (his first and only). We thought it was a fun, silly way to spend a Saturday afternoon. He dressed up, we took pictures, and met some other adorable children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is living PROOF that Jared is the most photogenic, but Lil Mr. Firecracker is the BEST EVER!! I'd like to see the winner of that cause as far as I'm concerned Jared is the ONLY looker around!

Penny...your hair made me sad...I'm missing things...changes and all. (Sniff, sniff)it's cute though, shoot.

Anonymous said...

Another Florida Champion! First the Gators then the Heat, now Jared!